This program helps you learn the vocabulary of a new language.
This program is divided into 2 parts :
A view part to read/edit to words in a table.
A question part to learn the words.
- You can change of Look&Feel
Look at the screenshots for examples.
- Select the categories including the sub-categories or not.
- Set the language for the user interface. French, English, German, Dutch, Italian and Czech are available at the moment.
- Set the starting file for the data and for your score.
- Save your preferences in differents .ini files.
- Open other files like French departments, Irregular verbs, Morse, Chemical elements, Countries, States of the USA.
- The languages included are English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Russian, Latin and Czech.
- More than 35,000 English words.
- Create you own file, not necessary to learn vocabulary.
- You can edit, add or delete words and categories.
- You can edit, add or delete properties to the words (such as the level).
- Save the categories or all the tree as a TXT or a HTML file.
- Show only the languages you're interested in.
- Cut, Copy, Paste from this application to a text editor, a word processor or a data sheet program.
- Print the category you have selected.
- Search words even incomplete (with many options).
- Translate texts (word by word translation)
- Find the definition of the word on Internet.
- You can choose the starting and ending level.
Level depends on how much the word is normally used in a day. It goes from very often(1) to almost never(10).
For examples, beginners can start to learn words from level 1 to 3, and if you want to improve you can learn words from level 4 to 8.
- You can open and save your score.
- You can have one score file for "French to English" and another one for "English to French".
- Other persons of your family can use the software.(If installed on one computer)
- Score are saved in order not to ask you the words you already know.
- You can also change the parameters of the last purpose.(like how many times you have to answer correctly before the program will consider it as known)
- It won't ask you for the word that starts with the same letters as the translation.
- Only score on the words are saved not your total score.
- You can show the properties about the word before the question and after the answer.
- You can launch JLearnIt in command line mode. java jlearnit.JlearnIt -cmd
- You can add and remove some columns.
- You can sort the columns.
- You can keep the width of the colums.
- You can include or exclude the subcategories.
- You can easily type the letters with accent even if you don't have a special keyboard.
- Keep it always on top.
- Have it embeded to your web page.
- Works with JLearnItME and
JLearnItPDA, the mobile and PDA version of JLearnIt.
- Included a quickly launched translation program BasicJLearnIt
- You can run it on Windows, MacOS X, Linux and (not tested) others OS that accept Java 1.1 or higher.
- You can run it using WebStart or as an Run Online.
- Fully functional shareware even after the trial period.